2. Dates for meetings will be set in advance.
3. Ground rules will be established at the start of every meeting.
4. The Parent Focus Group’s purpose is to provide a mechanism for discussing issues that affect the school community, bringing matters to the attention of the Headteacher and Governing Body. We would like to hear from parents about what the school is doing well and discuss how we could improve further.
5. To have a link with the Governing Body via a Parent or Foundation Governor.
6. One parent from every class will be selected and invited to be class representatives of the Parent Focus Group.
7. The names of the class representatives of the Parent Focus Group will be published to all parents.
8. Issues for discussion at meetings can be tabled by any parent via the school office or a member of Parent Focus Group.
9. Parent Focus Group is not the channel for individual complaints and issues. Concerns or complaints involving individual children, families or teachers will not be discussed. Any individual concerns or complaints should follow school policy and be raised with your child’s class teacher, the Headteacher or Chair of the Governing Body.
10. Responsibility for agreed actions and minute taking will be shared amongst the membership.
11. Minutes of the meetings will be sent to all parents.
12. Parent Focus Group has an advisory and consultative role. The Governing Body remains the decision maker and provides strategic leadership. There is no reduction in the role and responsibilities of the Governing Body.