Are you interested in applying for a Reception or Nursery place for your child at St Swithun Wells' Catholic Primary School for September 2020?
Come along to our Open Evening or Open Morning!
OPEN EVENING- Monday 28th October 2019 at 5pm
OPEN MORNING- Wednesday 30th October 2019 at 9am
For further information, please contact Miss Morgan, Admissions Officer on 01895 808194 or email FAO:Miss Morgan-
St Swithun Wells is a Primary School with a 20 place part time Nursery. There are 223 pupils altogether at our school.
The Published Admission Number for the reception class at St Swithun Wells’ is 30. The Governing Body has sole responsibility for admissions to this school and intends to admit 30 children in the school year which begins in September 2020. Applications are welcome from families whose child reaches his/her 4th birthday between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016.
Whenever there are more applications than places available, priority will always be given to Catholic applicants in accordance with the Trust Deed of the Diocese of Westminster. Applications will be ranked using the criteria listed below. In this policy applicant refers to the person making an application on behalf of a child; candidate refers to the child on whose behalf the application is being made.
PRIMARY SCHOOL APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2020 - children born between
1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016.
The closing date for your child's primary school application is Wednesday 15th January 2020.
Where there are more applications than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority: -
1. Catholic ‘looked after’ children and previously ‘looked after’ Catholic children who immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements or special guardianship orders.
2. Children with a Certificate of Catholic Practice who have a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
3. Baptised Catholic children with a Certificate of Catholic Practice who are resident in the Parish of St Gregory the Great, South Ruislip.
4. Baptised Catholic children with a Certificate of Catholic Practice who are resident in the Parishes of St Thomas More, Eastcote, St Gabriel’s, South Harrow or St Bernards’ Northolt. Parishes in this category are given equal opportunity.
5. Other Baptised Catholic children who are resident in any other parish.
6. Other ‘looked after’ children and previously ‘looked after’ Catholic children who immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements orders or special guardianship orders.
7. Children of Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church.
8. Christians of other denominations whose application is supported by a letter from their minister/religious leader confirming membership of the faith community.
9. Children of other faiths whose application is supported by a letter from their Minister/ Religious Leader confirming membership of the faith community.
10. Any other children.
Applications under criteria 2, 3 and 4, should be accompanied by a Certificate of Catholic Practice form (CCP). These certificates are available from the priest at the parish where the family normally worships and on the Diocesan website at www.rcdow.org.uk/schools/parents/admissions
Further information about applying to our school are included below.